Inflatable toys inspection
Toys are great companions during children's growth. There are many types of toys: plush toys, electronic toys, inflatable toys, plastic toys and so many more. An increasing number of countries have initiated relevant laws and regulations to safeguard the healthy development of children. That is why we need to pay special attention when inspecting toys. Here is a summarize of the inspection items and methods of inflatable toys. If you think this might be useful, store it up for later!
1. Check the BOOKING application on-site
After arriving at the factory, we need to clarify on that day the inspection tasks with the person in charge. Then, we must give feedback to the company if we acknowledge any of the following issues:
1) The actual production quantity of goods does not meet the inspection requirements
2) The actual production quantity of goods is not the same as the specified in the order
3) The actual inspection location does not match the one provided during the inspection application
4) Sometimes the factory may mislead the INSPECTOR in terms of the number of sets
2. Drawing the boxes
3. Number of boxes drawn: Final Random Inspection (FRI) generally follows the square root of the total number of boxes, while RE-FRI is the square root of the total number of boxes x2.
4. Check the markings of the outer and inner box
The markings outside and inside the box are really important for the shipment and distribution of products. For example, labels such as "Fragile" can also be a reminder to be careful with the exported products during the process until they reach the consumer. These types of markings should be pointed out in the report.
5. Check whether the outer and inner box proportions and product packaging meet customer requirements. Describe them in detail in the part related to the packaging of the report.
6. Check whether the product, sample and customer information are consistent. Any discrepancies should be taken note of.
Pay attention to:
1) The actual performance of the inflatable toy, whether the accessories are consistent with the color chart of the packaging, the instructions manual, etc.
2) CE and WEEE marking, age classification marking, etc.
3) Barcode readability and correctness
7. Appearance and on-site testing
Appearance inspection of inflatable toys
a. Retail packaging of inflatable toys:
(1) Make sure there is no dirt, damages, or moisture
(2) Barcodes, CE markings, manuals, the importer's address, the place of origin, etc. should not be omitted
(3) Check whether the packaging method is correct
(4) When the circumference of the opening of the packaging PE bag is ≥380mm, the bag should be perforated and include a warning message
(5) Check whether the adhesion of the color printed carton is firm
(6) Check whether the blister is firm and is not damaged, folded or indented
b. Inflatable toys:
(1) Toys cannot have sharp edges nor sharp sides
(2) Small components cannot be produced for children under three years old
(3) Check whether the manual is missing or the printing is not clear
(4) Check whether the product is missing the corresponding warning messages
(5) Check whether the product is missing the general decorative stickers
(6) The product must not contain insects nor mold stains
(7) Check whether the product emits an odor
(8) Check for missing or incorrect parts
(9) Check whether plastic components are deformed, dirty, damaged, scratched or crushed
(10) Check for paint leakage and poor or missing spraying of components
(11) Check for poor injection of color's pigments, bubbles, stains or water cracks
(12) Check whether components are covered at the front or the water filling nozzle is not clean
(13) Check for poor performance
(14) Check if when the valve plug is full with gas, the plug door is able to contain it. The height must not exceed 5mm
(15) There must be a reverse flow valve
General on-site testing of the inflatable toys
a. Fully assembly test: it must be consistent with the instructions and the description of the color printed carton packaging
b. Fully inflated performance test (4 hours): it must be consistent with the instructions and the description of the color printed carton packaging
c. Product size check
d. Product weight check: easy check of the consistency of materials
e. 3M tape test of the product's printing / marking / silkscreen
F. ISTA drop test: corner 1, edge 3, face 6
g. Product tensile test
h. Stop valve performance test