Container loading supervision
More and more consignors and customers request forwarders to send Inspectors to supervise the loading process on the site, aiming to supervise the loading, and thus prevent cargo damage and loss. In addition, some consignors need dividing a batch of cargo into several different containers and send them to several different consignees, so cargo should be loaded according to the orders, and loading supervision is carried out to avoid mistakes. I collected some general knowledge on loading supervision to share with you.
First of all, let's understand the definition of container loading supervision. Container loading supervision refers to the final step of cargo monitoring in the manufacturing process. Inspectors from the factory or a third party inspect the packing and loading on site when the goods are packed in the manufacturer's warehouse or the site of freight forwarding company. During the loading supervision period, inspectors will supervise the execution of the whole loading process. Container loading supervision helps you ensure the delivery of correct products and their quantities before payment.
The following aspects are involved in container loading supervision
◆ Check quantity and outer package of products;
◆ Check product quality by random sampling inspection;
◆ Seal containers and record seal No. to prevent products from being replaced in transportation;
◆ Supervise the loading process to minimize damage and loss and maximize space utilization;
◆ Record loading conditions, including weather, container arrival time, container No., trucks' license plate No., and etc.
Benefits of container loading supervision
1. Ensure the quantity of goods is correct;
2. Ensure that the container environment is suitable for transportation, including humidity and odor;
3. Check the packing and loading conditions of goods to reduce damage to the goods caused by improper packing or stacking during transportation;
4. Randomly check the quality of goods in the packing boxes;
5. Maximize space utilization and save costs;
6. Prevent the factory or freight forwarder from replacing products midway.
EC Inspection can provide loading supervision service for traders and their inspectors to eliminate concerns of traders. Strong technical support and professional management teams will escort your inspection process.
Loading Supervision Process
1. Develop a container loading plan according to our professional experience in the volume of containers, the type and quantity of goods to be loaded in each container, the nature of goods such as volume (if there is no data available, you need to measure it), weight, pressure resistance, and whether it is fragile.
Note: When developing the loading plan, we should consider the balance of containers (the weight should be averaged) for the safety of drivers on the road. It is best to put the goods that are easy to pass the customs inspection near the door of containers, to reduce unnecessary trouble.
2. Check whether the goods have been fully prepared: Confirm with the customer which goods are fully prepared and which goods are in preparation, and follow up the goods that are not ready at any time. A lesson must be learned. If one goods is missing, the container loading cannot be carried out, but suspended temporarily.
3. Prepare related forms and documents and carry tools and documents: the container loading plan, container loading list, and container weight list, in English or Chinese or both and with a correct format, used for customs declaration; Loading record sheet with enough copies and a suitable length; camera or mobile phone with its rechargeable battery fully charged, ruler with a sufficient approximate volume, pen, meter; Sunscreen/rain protection preparation (sunscreen, hat, long-sleeved clothes which is preferably black and stain resistant).
4. Schedule the container loading plan in advance: We must be responsible for all to our customers, by confirming booking items by virtue of our professional work experience with the customer in advance, booking cargo space with the shipping company in advance, pushing SO to be approved as soon as possible, arranging trailers and goods weight in each container, and confirming details about big or small horsepower trucks are arranged, when the trucks come, at what time to start loading, and how many days are necessary to complete loading, and how many containers can be loaded every day.
5. Attitude, mood and weather forecast: ensure the weather on the day of loading is appropriate, and take corresponding preventive measures.
Container loading process
1. Attach importance to the first truck!
Deem the first truck as a demonstration. Record the loading process, and prepare a new loading plan with adjustments according to the actual loading situations (photography may be necessary) on the basis of the initial loading plan;
2. Tasks of recorders ---- careful and cautious:
① Before loading, get familiar with the loaded varieties and quantities of goods, and loading plan of each container;
② Before loading, inspect the stacking positions and quantities of goods, and contact the warehouse to prepare and timely supply all missed goods, if any;
③ Cooperation of recorders: One recorder stands on the truck, guiding the container loading (stacking position of goods, lightly handling, no trampling, etc.), and tell the forklift driver which is next goods; and other recorder stands on the ground, guiding the forklift driver to load goods!
④ The recorder should check the varieties and their respective quantities of goods, before the container loading;
⑤ Clearly record data with clear handwriting to facilitate easy statistics (variety and quantity);
⑥ From the beginning to the end of the container loading, recorders should follow a car throughout the process, but not change at will, nor suspend the record work at any time -- Realize not only a good beginning but also a good ending!
⑦ Take photos: It is better to take photos continuously when the container loading is conducted (so that the photos may be selected later), and be sure to clearly record ---- license plate No., container No., truck key No., and the loading process (when the container doors are open, half open, and close);
⑧ Clearly record varieties and their respective quantities of goods in the container, to see whether the varieties are complete and whether the quantities sufficient;
⑨ Fill in the record sheet with the following items: Container No., license plate No. (preferably two, front and rear ones), truck key No., time of finishing container loading, departure time of truck, and driver’s telephone number;
⑩ Compare the order from the driver to the information recorded by recorders (items mentioned above).
3. Expedite goods:
① Before and during loading, timely communicate with the customer to understand the goods not loaded, and timely urge the loading progress in order to prevent delayed delivery or costs due to overnight charge;
② Guide the forklift driver to fork the goods when loading the container (tell the forklift driver which container/truck and which goods need to loaded);
③ The recorder records each container and is responsible for numbering each truck/container.
1. Sort out photos:
Indicate their order clearly. Photos should be correct and may be checked with the waybill.
2. Container list -- Customs declaration documents:
① Check loading record sheets repeatedly: quantity and variety;
② Correct format: simple, clear and easy to understand;
③ Contents: Varieties and their respective quantities of goods and the total quantity of goods in each container; The total quantity of each variety of goods in all containers;
3. Container weight list -- Customs declaration documents:
① Correct format: simple, clear and easy to understand---- Do it after thinking;
② Fill the contents in the list carefully against the container list;
③ Contents: The total weight of goods in each container; Weight * quantity per variety of goods in each container.
What can EC offer you?
Economical: At half industrial price, enjoy rapid and professional inspection service in high efficiency
Extremely rapid service: Thanks to immediate scheduling, preliminary inspection conclusion of EC can be received on site after the inspection is completed, and formal inspection report from EC can be received within 1 workday; punctual shipment can be guaranteed.
Transparent supervision: Real-time feedback of inspectors; strict management of operation on site
Rigorous and honest: The professional teams of EC around the country offer professional services to you; independent, open and impartial incorrupt supervision team is set to inspect on-site inspection teams randomly and supervise on site.
Customized service: EC has service ability that goes through the whole product supply chain. We will provide tailored inspection service scheme for your specific demand, so as to solve your problems specifically, offer independent interaction platform and collect your suggestions and service feedback about the inspection team. In this way, you can participate in inspection team management. At the same time, for interactive technology exchange and communication, we will offer inspection training, quality management course and technology seminar for your demand and feedback.
EC Quality Team
International layout: superior QC covers domestic provinces and cities and 12 countries in Southeast Asia
Local services: local QC can provide professional inspection services immediately to save your travel expenses.
Professional team: the strict admittance mechanism and industrial skill training develop superior service team.