A Pre-Production Inspection (PPI) is done before the production process starts. This is a vital service where you have experienced trouble with substandard materials used in production, when working with a new supplier, or there have been problems in a factory’s upstream supply chain.
Our QC team will review the order together with suppliers to ensure they are on the same page with you regarding product expectations. Next, we inspect all raw materials, components, and semi-finished goods to confirm they match your product specifications and are available in sufficient quantities to meet the production schedule. Where problems are found, we can assist the supplier in resolving them before production and thereby reducing the incidence of defects or shortages in the final product.
We communicate with you about inspection results by the next working day to keep you abreast of the status of your order. In the event of a supplier non-cooperative with issue resolution, we immediately contact you with details to equip you and then you can discuss matters with your supplier before production proceeds.
● Review and confirm design documents, purchase order, production schedule, and shipping date.
● Confirm quantities and conditions of all raw materials, components, and semi-finished products.
● Audit the production line to verify sufficient resources for completing production.
● Generate the report including pictures of all steps in the IPI process along with our recommendations if required.
● Verify compliance with your purchase order, specifications, regulatory requirements, drawings, and original samples.
● Advance identification of potential quality issues or risks.
● Resolve issues before they become unmanageable and costly such as reworks or project failure.
● Avoid risks associated with the delivery of substandard products and customer returns and discounts.