A Pre-Production Inspection (PPI) is done before the production process starts. This is a vital service where you have experienced trouble with substandard materials used in production, when working with a new supplier, or there have been problems in a factory’s upstream supply chain.
Our QC team will review the order together with suppliers to ensure they are on the same page with you regarding product expectations. Next, we inspect all raw materials, components, and semi-finished goods to confirm they match your product specifications and are available in sufficient quantities to meet the production schedule. Where problems are found, we can assist the supplier in resolving these issues before production and thereby reducing the incidence of defects or shortages in the final product.
We communicate with you about inspection results by the next working day to keep you abreast of the status of your order. In the event of a supplier non-cooperative with issue resolution, we immediately contact you with details to equip you and then you can discuss matters with your supplier before production proceeds.
● The inspection team arrives at the factory with the necessary equipment and instruments.
● The inspection protocol and expectations are reviewed and agreed upon with the factory management.
● Shipping boxes are randomly selected from the stack, including from the middle one, and delivered to an area set up for the inspection.
● A comprehensive inspection is done on the selected items to verify compliance with all agreed product characteristics.
● Results are given to the factory manager and the Inspection report is sent to you.
● Allow you fully knowing what is being shipped is what you expect, to avoid costly surprises upon delivery.
● Reduce cost by having a local team on hand rather than the high cost of travel incurred when you do it by yourself.
● Ensure all regulatory documents are in place for your shipment to avoid costly fines when entering the final destination country.
● Avoid the risks and cost associated with the delivery of substandard products and customer returns and discounts.